The Best Planner for Moms to get Organized
Hey hey friend! I'm so excited today to be bringing you the best planner for moms. It's my "Perfect Daily Block Planner" made just for busy moms like you! I have spent hours putting this together and made efforts to keep this planner simple, flexible, but also help guide your day so you can accomplish the things you want to accomplish in a given day!
Over the last few years I went from being a stay at home mom, to a part time working (out of the home) mom, to a full time working mom. With no hesitation I will tell you that the first few weeks to a month of working full time were very difficult. Getting dinner on the table, along with the kid's schedules, felt nearly impossible. And a clean house? Um, nope. Not happening.
How do moms get organized?
Systems. It's all about having those systems set up. Whether it's meal planning, a place to keep all the schedules, prioritizing your to do's, and most of all cleaning! Having a system in place - even if you don't get to all the things 100% all of the time - will help you a ton to stay organized!
I must also say this: Organized does NOT equal perfect!
Don't place unrealistic expectations on yourself each and every day. It's important to have goals and things to work towards. But it's also important to not make yourself miserable.
At the end of the day, the goal of getting organized is so that you are NOT running yourself ragged. And you are able to create pockets of time to spend with your loved ones.
What routines and systems do moms need to get organized?
There are a handful of things that busy moms can do to organize themselves, but here is the short and quick version:
- Set priorities
- Declutter your house
- Have a cleaning routine
- Meal plan (or hack your meal planning!)
- Create a budget
- Use a simple planner to keep yourself organized!
What kind of planner will help moms get organized?
A planner that has the systems you need already built in! There's no need to recreate the wheel when it comes to cleaning systems, decluttering, or even meal planning. Keep things simple, and make adjustments where needed.
In the PDBP, you will have 4 months of:
- Monthly calendars - this is a great place to track important dates/celebrations/holidays, bill due dates, and even reminders!
- Weekly Decluttering Missions - Each and every week of this 4 month planner has a different decluttering mission. Helping you to work through decluttering your whole home in 4 months. If you miss a week - no big deal! You can always work through the planner over and over every 4 months. Soon, you'll get through the decluttering missions in no time at all!
- Weekly Zone Cleaning Checklists - Each week of each of the 4 months of the PDBP there are zone cleaning checklists that correspond with the weekly decluttering missions. You'll be working on both decluttering and cleaning a given space during the week.
- Weekly Task Priority Planner - this is one of my favorite things to work on each week. You will list out all the things you think you need to get done that week, then prioritize them by "must do", "should do", and "nice to do". It's a great way to evaluate what is actually important to accomplish that week and what would just be nice to get done!
- Weekly Meal planner - Having your meal plan made for the week will help you not stress out to throw something together last minute. It's also helpful to keep you from running out to get something and spending more money on food than necessary!
- Daily Block Planner - There are 7 of these pages for each week where you can fill in everything from your schedule, to meal plan, am and pm easy cleaning routines, and a little extra space to jot notes down. This is also where you'll plug in those tasks from your task priority planner on the day/time that task should get completed.
You can print your planner out every 4 months to reset your decluttering missions and cleaning checklists! Plus have 4 months of fresh planning pages ready to keep you organized!
Working moms, stay at home moms, work at home moms - this planner is for you! The reality is that no matter "how" you mom/work, in general, you end up being responsible for so much when it comes to the kids, their schedules, and sometimes even the housework! And trying to keep it all together, let alone have a somewhat clean house can be incredibly overwhelming. Get yourself this planner, get your home & life organized, and get ready to stress less over the day to day. Love your home, and love on your family!
Planner Paper: a little heavier than just regular copy paper, which helps so pens don’t bleed through pages.
Pens: I love using color! It helps differentiate different tasks also👍🏻!
Thin Binder: As much as I love using disc planners, a narrow binder is a great option!
If you’re not a fan of using a binder, and want to try to DIY a disc planner, you’ll need covers, discs, and a disc punch tool.